Monday, October 20, 2014

No Spend Decorating: Home Decor Remix 6


Yay for the sixth installment of no spend decorating. My husband and I decided that one of our family goals was to start saving for a second honeymoon/vacation and for my fashion business. I searched around for some saving funds crafts. I saw some really cute ideas on Pinterest for a honeymoon fund, but that would require me to buy a shadowbox frame and metallic sharpie.

Instead of spending money to create cute jars to save money, my husband and I searched around the house. This craft took less than five minutes and helped me maintain my pact with myself to not spend any money on home decor this month. 


 Items Used:
1. Scrapbook paper
2. Spaghetti Sauce Jars (Hint: Let the spaghetti sauce jar air out for a few days before you use it.)
3. $4 Dollars

The star jar is the honeymoon fund and the polka dot jar is for my fashion business fund. We didn't have much cash on hand. If the money is left in our savings account, I can access it online. If I can access it online, I can transfer it. If I can transfer it, I can spend it. Thus, I will lose the tiny amounts of interest I can gain in a traditional savings account and actually save the money in these cute jars.

What are you saving for?

1 comment:

  1. So easy and so cute! Jars can be used for so many things. I love finding ways to repurpose!

    Thanks for sharing and linking up to the #SHINEbloghop.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete