Saturday, October 4, 2014

No Spend Decorating: Home Decor Remix 1

Gather up décor items from all over your house. Gather up picture frames, art work, vases, knick knacks, books, etc. Have fun and gather up all the items you can! We are going to remix items you already own in new rooms and placed in new ways. Shop your house! Save the money! Shop your house! 

I love to decorate, but am committed to sticking to my monthly budget. So I am keeping myself entertained at home by following along with several 31 Day Series and have been clutter clearing and “No Spend Decorating.” The Nester is doing a 31 Day Vignette Series and A Bowl Full of Lemons 31 Day Purge. 

For my first Remix, I cleared off a giant leaning pile of magazines and a catch-all tote that was full of dead batteries and bits of Wii controllers. The magazines were recycled or donated. The tote has been cleaned out and will be re-purposed later. The Wii controller bits and game console was finally properly put away.

Items Used:

1.Metal Ornament: The small metal fleur de lis was given to me by a friend. It was hidden on my bookcase where nobody could see it.  

2.Picture Frame: I took the empty picture frame that was sitting empty on a shelf. I filled it with some scrapbook paper I had on hand. I saw this idea in an old Martha Stewart magazine. The magazine sort proved useful!

3.Orchids: The orchid was given to me as a get well present. 

4. Vintage Books: The books are vintage and were gems hidden on the shelves. I plan on using more of my vintage books throughout the house. 

These pieces were previously under-appreciated décor that I already own. The remix took less than five minutes.

Would love to see your remixes! Send me a link!!

To view other remixes in the series follow the links below:
1. Remix 2
2. Remix 3
3. Remix 4
4. Remix 5 
5. Remix 6 
6. Remix 7  

Partying at the Blissful Bee

1 comment:

  1. I love this kind of decorating lol. I am always looking at what I have and trying to turn it into something else or refurb it to make me love it again so I dont throw it away. Its my favorite kind of decorating! Great post!! Thanks for linking up at Totally Terrific Tuesday. Make sure you come back Monday night at 10pm to link up any new posts!! http://www.liverandomlysimple.com

    ReplyDelete