Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 19, 20, and 21: Starting Fresh Again and Again and Again...


I almost stopped writing this blog. I was two seconds away from deleting the whole thing and acting like the last eighteen days of writing never happened, but thank God I have accountability buddies who wouldn’t let me give up. Why did I want to give up? No reason in particular other than I am discouraged about a lot of different life issues. I spoke to some wiser peeps and they all laughed and basically chalked up my current state of affairs to being twenty-something. 

So here I am. Posting again and encouraging you all out there in bloggy-land to start fresh again today. Start fresh again tomorrow. Start fresh again and again and again so that it becomes so second nature that there is not even a question as to whether you will ever try again, but more of an issue as to how you are going to do it differently the next time.

How am I going to do “it” differently? I commit to the following, for my own sake:
I am going to start reaching out for help.
I am going to be kinder to myself when there are minor bumps along the way.
I am not going to let my own anger and frustrations with me get in the way of my relationships with others.
Will I do these perfectly? No! But I commit to starting fresh with these again and again and again and again…

No comments:

Post a Comment